The church of St. George in the village Banjani belongs to a group of churches lined up at the foot of Skopje Crna Gora mountain.
From the inscription over the entrance, is known that its construction lasted three years and was completed in 1548/49, when it was also painted.
It is a single-nave church with small dimensions built of well-cut stone, revived rows of bricks.
On the west facade of the church are painted frescoes by Dimitrie Andonov Papradiski, of which composition "The last judgment" occupies half of the depicted space. Icons from the wooden iconostasis are also work of painter Dimitrie Andonov Papradiski.