The church dedicated to Saint Nikola in vilage Vevcani is a three-nave basilica with altar and inside parvis. The church was built in 1862 and consecrated in 1876.
The iconostasis icons were made by the famous Macedonian painter “zograf” Dičo from Tresonče, Debar, while the fresco-painting was made by his son Avram Dičov.
The church has an imposing dimensions (18 x 12.5 m) and with its beautiful fresco painting is one of the most beautiful monuments from the renaissance in Macedonia.
The construction of the auxiliary building located on the west side of the church started in 1999. Within this object there are: a baptistery, icon gallery, library with reading room, candle shop, office and guest room.
Category: Churches and Monasteries