Morodvis (Мородвис) is the name of one of the most beautiful villages in Eastern Macedonia, which lies at the foot of Mount Plachkovica (Плачковица).
According to old manuscripts can be determined that the ancient city Morodvis are formed quite early and became the seat of the Bishopric. At the time of the Bulgarian rulers Simeon and Peter, here was the seat of Bregalnica Archbishop, who also was called and “Morozdviski”.
Morodvis diocese was quite spacious and included the territories of Morodviz, Kozjak, Slavishte, Zletovo Lukovica, Pijanec and Maleshevo. The main area was located along the river Bregalnitsa because it was identified as Bregalnicka bishopric which existed before the arrival of the Slavs in this region and is located in the city Bargala.
In Teofilak Biography of the Martyrs of Tiberiopolitan talking to Bulgarian Prince Boris ordered 'Bregalnica trustee Taridin to build a temple in Bregalnica and there to place the relics of the martyrs of Tiberiopolis. From this and the assumption that the period should be sought that early Morozdvizd was transformed to episcopal and administrative center.
Taridin built the temple, from which in the todays settlement today are the remains of an old church with a dome and preserved frescoes.
Bregalnicka bishopric didn’t had its permanent name, as there was no permanent seat on the episcopal chair. At the time of Prince Boris it was called Provatska (Ovcepolska, Овчеполска), and at the time of Samuel it was called Morozdvishka.
Morozdvizd is also mentioned in 1018, in the time of the final collapse of Samuil's empire. When the Byzantine armies had penetrated in the area of the Upper Struma (Горна Струма) and had taken Pernik (Перник) and 35 other fortresses, the towns and the rulers peacefully surrendered to the emperor Basil II (Василиј II) in order to preserve their privileges. Then the representatives of Morozdvizd, Bitola and Ljipljan welcomed the emperor and gave him their cities. Episcopate has continued its existence until the death of Basil II
After the XIII century Morodovis importance started to decline and it is again mentioned in 1515 when the bishop was Matthew, born from Zletovo.