Skupi the ancient settlement is located between the villages Zlokukani and Bardovci.
According to historical data, Skupi initially was located in Peon area and then became the capital of the Illyrian Dardania.
During the Roman rule, Skupi becomes an important node for their goals of conquest and cultural penetration to the Balkans.
In the Augustine period the Via Egnatia road linked Skupi with the Adriatic.
Near Skupi passed a road which led to Nis and Thessaloniki through Stobi.
Under the Romans Skupi received Roman municipality right, and in Flavian time, Domiciana became a colony Flavia.
In the year 378 in Skupi resides Theodosius. Hence he commanded the operations against the Goths.
In year 518 the city was completely destroyed by an earthquake.It was built again and in year 596 city Skupi was completely destroyed by the Avars.
From Roman Skupi period today are preserved several buildings.
Despite the rural road leading to Bardovci are the ruins of the former Baths. Lapidarium, archaeological museum were in sarcophagi Centurion Bardovci tomb, stele Larko Petronie and other archaeological finds.
On right side of the road that leads to Bardovci slope "Zajcev Rid", are the ruins of the theater which was discovered in 1936.
The Theatre in Skupi belonged to type of Roman theaters, unlike the one in Stobi built in Greek way.
Revealed were also galleries - space for spectators, orchestra and stage.
The seats were placed strong arches built of large bricks, which in the upper part lying walls radially placed vaults semicircular shape. Orchestra is two meters lower than the lowest row of seats from the podium on the stage, and in addition there is another approach that led directly to the orchestra. The scene was lavishly decorated and had two floors. The walls of the theater were plated with tiles, primarily in green, pink and other colors. Judging by the architectural fragments and decorations, the theater was very beautiful and luxuriously decorated.