Park of the Revolution (Парк на Револуцијата) is located on the southern side of the city of Prilep.
It was built in 1961 in honor of the fallen soldiers for Liberation of Macedonia and the author of the project was the architect Bogdan Bogdanovic.
As part of the Park, is the common grave - crypt, known as the "Mound of Undefeated" (Могила на непобедените) which was declared for monument of culture in 1989.
On the marble slabs are engraved the names of fallen soldiers from Prilep and surrounding areas in the period between 1941-1944 year. In front of the crypt there are eight marble urns symbolizing the formation of partisan units and major military formations, and the largest urn symbolizing the eternal flame, represents the disobedience of the Macedonian people.
In the period between 2007-2008 the complex was fully revitalized.
|From Prilep - city of Marko Krale|
As part of this monumental complex is the "Alley of national heroes" (Алеја на народните херои) in which on marble pedestals are placed bronze busts of ten dead national heroes from Prilep:
Kire Gavriloski – Jane (Кире Гаврилоски - Јане) (1918-1944)
Ile Igeski – Tzvetan (Иле Игески - Цветан) (1920-1944)
Orde Copela (Орде Чопела) (1912-1942)
Borka Taleski (Борка Талески) (1921-1942)
Kuzman Josifoski – Pitu (Кузман Јосифоски - Питу) (1915-1944)
Mirche Acev (Мирче Ацев) (1915-1943)
Borka Veleski – Levata (Борка Велески - Левата) (1912-1942)
Rampo Levkata (Рампо Левката) (1909-1942)
Lazo Filiposki – Lavski (Лазо Филипоски - Лавски) (1918-1942)
Krume Volnaroski (Круме Волнароски) (1909-1944)
continues on next page >>>
продолжува на следна страна>>>