Page 2 of 2
Old photos and postcards from Gevgelija
In 1921 in Gevgelija lived only 2878 inhabitants. Accelerated development the city experienced from 1948 onwards.
In 2002. Gevgelija has 15,685 inhabitants. Of these 15,060 people, or 96% are Macedonians. Among minorities dominate with 292 people or 1.9% are Serbs, followed by Vlachs (201 people or 1.3%), Turks (28 inhabitants) and Roma (12 inhabitants).
Gevgelija is the seat of the Municipality of Gevgelija, which covers an area of 48,343 ha, there are 17 settlements with 22,988 inhabitants. Built hydro systems allowed expansive development of gardening and viticulture. From industrial facilities in Gevgelija a canning factory cooler "Zora” more small textile factories, high frequency ceramic factory, a winery with a processing capacity of 8,000 tons of grapes, poultry farm and other small industrial facilities. Among the representative objects in the city also is the Princess Gevgelija hotel and casino (Rama da Plaza Hotel).
The city has Gymnasium, Work University and National Museum with ethnological, historical and archaeological department.
Near Gevgelija, on the left side of the Vardar river on Vardar Hill, ancient Macedonian settlement was discovered, which existed before, during and after the reign of Alexander the Great.
Where is Gevgelija:
South East Macedonia
60 m (196 ft)
Summer (DST):CST (UTC+2)
Municipality of Gevgelija
Address: Dimitar Vlahov 4, 1480 Gevgelija
Phone: +389 34 213 899
Fax: +389 34 213 899