Delcevo is city in the eastern part of the Republic of Macedonia with 11,500 inhabitants (2002).
Located on Pijanechka valley, on both sides of the river Bregalnica, at an altitude of 580 m. It covers an area of 350 ha. Delcevo has moderate -continental climate with an average annual air temperature of 10.5 ° C (50.9 F) and average annual precipitation of 515 mm.
With the highway M-5 to the west is connected with Kocani and on east with Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria. South of Delcevo, in the Bregalnica valley, leads main road which through Pehcevo, connects the city with Berovo. Under the name of Tsarevo Selo, Delcevo is for the first time mentioned in a charter of King Dusan in 1347, and the present name was given in 1951 in honor of the Macedonian revolutionary Goce Delcev.
By the end of the XIX century, the settlement existed only as a larger village. Then, as the center of the area Pijanec, functionally and economically began to develop and received landmark town. In 1900 the settlement numbered 2686 inhabitants. In the period between the two world wars, stagnation and population numbers are decreasing. In 1931 in the town lived 2387 inhabitants.
Slightly accelerated development, Delcevo accomplished in the second half of the last century. Thus, while in 1953 there were 5.520 inhabitants, today that number has increased to 11.500. Of them 10,761 are Macedonians Turks 564 and Roma 97.
Delcevo is the seat of the Municipality of Delcevo which covers an area of 42,239 ha, and there are 22 settlements with 17,205 inhabitants. The main industry in the city is the textile industry. In Pijanec are discovered significant reserves of coal such as lignite, but they have not yet been exploited.
Delcevo has a gymnasium, health center, a monument of Goce Delchev.