Welcome to Macedonia
Macedonia is located in the central part of the Balkan Peninsula in South East Europe. Surrounded by land from all sides Macedonia borders with Serbia and Kosovo from North, Greece from South, Bulgaria from East, Albania from West.
Explore in Macedonia
The native house of Grigor Prlichev in Ohrid was probably built in the first decades of the XIX century and…
The object of Adventist Church (Адвентистичка Црква) in Bitola, located near the city library St. Kliment Ohridski, is constructed at the end of the 19th century, as a private residential facility, in an eclectic neo-Renaissance or neo-baroque style.
The Church Dormition of the Mother of God (Успение на Пресвета Богородица), also known as St. Mary – Kamensko (Света…
The monastery dedicated to St. Elijah (Св. Илија, Sv. Ilija) in village Melnica, Mariovo was built on the initiative of Stale Cheshelkov from village Polchishte, and with the support of the population from Mariovo.
The building in which today is located Stopanska Banka Bitola (Стопанска Банка Битола),
The increasing number of Catholic believers in Bitola in the middle of XIX century, as a result of the opening…
The object of the University Library St. Kliment Ohridski in Bitola, was built in the late 19th century by the famous trade family Pinika, as a facility with educational and social nature (Greek female high school “Partenagogion”).
Kostoperska Karpa (Bone Washing Rock, Костоперска Карпа) is archaeological site near the village Mlado Nagoricane (Младо Нагоричане) on 10 km northeast of Kumanovo and over international road that goes east to Kjustendil.
Stobi (Стоби, Στο’βοι,) is an urban settlement from ancient times located on the place where Black River (Црна Река, Erigon) enters into the Vardar River (Вардар, Axios).
The Pelince Memorial Museum was developed by the project of architect Georgi Konstantinov (Ѓорѓи Константинов) and the monumental mosaic facade is the work of the Macedonian contemporary artists Rubens Korubin (Рубенс Корубин) and Ilija Penushliski (Илија Пенушлиски).
The Clock Tower in Veles was built in the first half of XVI century. Located in the center of the…
The Church Holy Mary Perybleptos in the old part of Ohrid city near the Upper Gate was built before 1295 and is the oldest and most beautiful church in this city.
At about 25 miles northwest of Prilep, on 1000 meters above sea level at the foot of the mountain massif Dautica (Даутица), lies the medieval Monastery – Holy Transfiguration – Zrze (Свето Преображение – Зрзе).
On 8 kilometers (~13 miles) southwest of Skopje on the slopes of Vodno, in the village of Gorno Nerezi the monastery of St. Panteleimon with the monastery church is located.
In Prilep city in the Varosh neighborhood, the monastery dedicated to St. Archangel Michael is located with one of the most beautiful monastery inns in Macedonia.
St. Elijah (Св. Илија) church in Dojran was built in 1848 with contributions by the local population.
The building in which today is housed the Bitola museum was built as a military school in 1848 when the city of Bitola (Monastir) was a military, administrative, political, and commercial center of the then European Turkey.
Church Holy Transfiguration (Свето Преображение) is located in the center of Prilep immediately on the bank of the city river.
The object of the Gymnasium “Josip Broz Tito” (Јосип Броз Тито) in Bitola, according to its historical and architectural and aesthetic values, is a monument of culture of the Republic of Macedonia.
The church dedicated to the Saints Peter and Paul is located in the eastern part of Varosh neighborhood in Prilep. There are no preserved historical about the time when the church was built and painted.