Welcome to Macedonia
Macedonia is located in the central part of the Balkan Peninsula in South East Europe. Surrounded by land from all sides Macedonia borders with Serbia and Kosovo from North, Greece from South, Bulgaria from East, Albania from West.
Explore in Macedonia
Tsar Samoil fortress is considered one of the largest preserved fortifications in Macedonia. The fortress was first mentioned by the historian Titus Livy in the 3rd century BC, as a fortress of the city Lychnidos. Bigger more detailed description dates from the 5th century when the fortress was defended from tribal attacks during the Great Migration period.
Church Holy Annunciation (Свето Благовештение) and commonly known as The Old Church is located in Prilep.
Kursumli An (Inn) is situated on the left bank of the river Vardar in Skopje’s former Iron Bazaar.
Tumba Madzari (Тумба Маџари) is located in Cento (Ченто) settlement, and it is the most important Neolithic site in Skopje valley, discovered in 1961.
The monument Meckin Kamen (Мечкин Камен, Bear Stone) is located in the eponymous locality near the town Krusevo.
The Church “Holy Mary – Pandanos” (Света Богородица – Панданос) is a Macedonian Orthodox Christian church located in the old part of Ohrid, just above the ancient theater, in the Kuzman Kapidan street.
Stobi (Стоби, Στο’βοι,) is an urban settlement from ancient times located on the place where Black River (Црна Река, Erigon) enters into the Vardar River (Вардар, Axios).
The monument dedicated to Koco Racin is located in Veles city center. Kosta Solev Racin (Koco Racin) is the founder…
St. Nicholas Monastery is located in Mariovo region (Prilep municipality), in village Manastir and is one of the oldest monasteries in Republic of Macedonia.
The church St. Nicholas (Св. Никола) is located in Varos neighborhood, Prilep, near the church St. Mary. According to some scholars, the church was built in the second half of the XII century, on the remains of the old Slavic settlement.
The building in which today is housed the Bitola museum was built as a military school in 1848 when the city of Bitola (Monastir) was a military, administrative, political, and commercial center of the then European Turkey.
The Church dedicated to St. Clement (Св. Климент) is the only one from the Ohrid churches that since its beginning has been devoted to the patron of the city. The epithet “Small” is probably obtained because of its modest dimensions.
Kalishta Monastery complex is placed on the coast of Ohrid Lake in a natural rocky environment. This monastery complex – which is directly under the authority of the Archbishop of a Macedonian Orthodox Church, consists of four churches: two dedicated to the Nativity of Holy Mother of God (one old, in a cave and one new), a Church dedicated to Sts. Peter and Paul, the apostoles, and one dedicated to St. Athanasius the Great (in a cave).
The object of Adventist Church (Адвентистичка Црква) in Bitola, located near the city library St. Kliment Ohridski, is constructed at the end of the 19th century, as a private residential facility, in an eclectic neo-Renaissance or neo-baroque style.
The “Craft House” (Занаетчиски дом) or Kumanovo “Notre Dame” is the most recognizable landmark of Kumanovo city. It is work of the Russian engineer Vladimir Antonov (Владимир Антонов).
St. Elijah (Св. Илија) church in Dojran was built in 1848 with contributions by the local population.
Kokino (Кокино) is the fourth oldest astronomical observatory in the world. It is a complex prehistoric archaeological site (2000 BC), on the territory of Municipality Staro Nagorichane near Kumanovo, Macedonia.
St. Erazmo church is located on the Ohrid – Struga road, 2km away from Ohrid.
At 12 km from the town of Strumica (Струмица), at the northern foot of Mount Belasitza (Беласица), located are strong hot water springs with a temperature of 72 ° C.
Sv. Nikola (St. Nicolas) is a small single-nave church located in the center of village Slepce, Demir hisar municipality. The church is probably built in teh XVII century.