Welcome to Macedonia
Macedonia is located in the central part of the Balkan Peninsula in South East Europe. Surrounded by land from all sides Macedonia borders with Serbia and Kosovo from North, Greece from South, Bulgaria from East, Albania from West.
Explore in Macedonia
Veljusa Monastery is located at altitude 400 meters above sea level, 8 km west of Strumica city. It is an…
Church St. Sofia in Ohrid is one of the most significant monuments of medieval art and architecture in Macedonia. There is no precise historical data about the construction of the church. According to some, the present church was built on an older cult site.
The “Craft House” (Занаетчиски дом) or Kumanovo “Notre Dame” is the most recognizable landmark of Kumanovo city. It is work of the Russian engineer Vladimir Antonov (Владимир Антонов).
The Church Holy Mary Perybleptos in the old part of Ohrid city near the Upper Gate was built before 1295 and is the oldest and most beautiful church in this city.
At about 25 miles northwest of Prilep, on 1000 meters above sea level at the foot of the mountain massif Dautica (Даутица), lies the medieval Monastery – Holy Transfiguration – Zrze (Свето Преображение – Зрзе).
On 8 kilometers (~13 miles) southwest of Skopje on the slopes of Vodno, in the village of Gorno Nerezi the monastery of St. Panteleimon with the monastery church is located.
The Church “Holy Mary – Pandanos” (Света Богородица – Панданос) is a Macedonian Orthodox Christian church located in the old part of Ohrid, just above the ancient theater, in the Kuzman Kapidan street.
„Peshta“Fortress is connected with the story of Kalesh Angya (Kales Angja, Калеш Анѓа) as a symbol of the Macedonian disobedience.
Kokino (Кокино) is the fourth oldest astronomical observatory in the world. It is a complex prehistoric archaeological site (2000 BC), on the territory of Municipality Staro Nagorichane near Kumanovo, Macedonia.
The Park of the Revolution (Парк на Револуцијата) is located on the southern side of the city of Prilep. Built 1961 in honor of the fallen soldiers for the Liberation of Macedonia, author of the project was the architect Bogdan Bogdanovic.
The church St. Demetrius in Prilep city with its today’s look represents a conglomerate of several buildings from different eras.
Kostoperska Karpa (Bone Washing Rock, Костоперска Карпа) is archaeological site near the village Mlado Nagoricane (Младо Нагоричане) on 10 km northeast of Kumanovo and over international road that goes east to Kjustendil.
Church Holy Transfiguration (Свето Преображение) is located in the center of Prilep immediately on the bank of the city river.
Skopje Kale (Fortress) takes one of the dominant positions in the center of the City of Skopje.
The monumental Stone Bridge on Vardar River, connects the old and new part of Skopje city. According to Turkish sources, the bridge was built in the second half of the fifteenth century, during the rule of Sultan Mehmed II.
This church Holy Sunday is located on the left side of the northern entrance of Bitola in the Holy Sunday cemetery.
Tumba Madzari (Тумба Маџари) is located in Cento (Ченто) settlement, and it is the most important Neolithic site in Skopje valley, discovered in 1961.
According to one story, Ahmed Niyazi Bey one of the leaders of Young Turk Revolution, after receiving a postcard of Versailles, also wanted to have a French-style estate.
The monument dedicated to Koco Racin is located in Veles city center. Kosta Solev Racin (Koco Racin) is the founder…
The monument Ilinden (Илинден) also known as Makedonium (Македониум, Macedonium) is famous monumental complex in Krusevo.