The church dedicated to Saint Michael the Archangel in Avtokomanda neighborhood in Skopje was erected on the foundations of an older church in 1927. In 2006, the outer part of the church was renovated.
Characteristic of this church is the marble iconostasis, which was set up when the church was built, which is expensive and difficult to make and is rarely found in the Macedonian churches.
The relief of “St. Archangel Michael” is placed on the outer upper part, just above the entrance door of the church.
In the yard of the church there is а chapel dedicated to St. Mary where, according to the beliefs, springs holly and healing water. It was built in the middle of the 18th century. In 1995, a small church baptistery was built and dedicated to St. Kuzman and Damjan – the miracle makers.
In the ossuary of the temple, there are remains of Serbian soldiers who died during the First World War, which were buried in different cemeteries during the war and near the church is the British military WW1 cemetery, also from the First World War.
Photo Gallery – Macedonia 1912-1918 Blog…