National Institution Museum – Kumanovo
The Museum in Kumanovo (National Institution Museum – Kumanovo / ционална установа Музеј – Куманово) is located in the former villa of the rich industrialist Zivko Stojiljkovic (Живко Стојиљковиќ), built in 1926 with a typical hallmark of the old city architecture.
- National Institution Museum – Kumanovo
- Address: Done Bozhinov No. 24
- Phone: +389 31 422511
- Fax: +389 31 416716
- Mon – Fri from 08:30 to 16:30 h
Located in the immediate vicinity of the city center, the yard of the museum is adapted into a lapidarium.
In the permanent exhibition in the museum building, on the ground and first floor, on an area of 250 m2, valuable objects from Kumanovo region have been exhibited, which has more than 250 registered archaeological sites.
Archeology and historical department
In the archeology section, the objects are divided into 4 collections: prehistory, antiquity, Middle Ages and numismatics.
The fund of the historical department is represented by four periods: the National Revolutionary Movement, the period between the two world wars, Second World War and the socialist period.
The ethnological department contains several collections: Folk costumes and fabrics, items for personal use, household items, folk economy, folk music instruments, and folk customs. The most numerous is the collection of folk costumes and fabrics.