One of the oldest preserved church buildings in the Kumanovo region is the monastery church dedicated to Holy Mary in village Suv Orah or commonly known as Monastery Karpino.
The church dates from 1592 from when are dated the original paintings, and the second layer are the paintings from XIX century, when the church was repaired. Old paintings were covered with the new ones in 1893. Only the fresco of Holy Mary Oran (Св. Богородица Оранта) in full length can be seen on the west wall of the narthex from the frescoes from 1592.
According to the new paintings it can be concluded that on the walls of this temple were painted scenes of big the holidays.
Other preserved parts of the old church are the parts of the original wooden iconostasis and the royal gate, Grand Cross and seven holiday icons from 1606, which are exhibited at the gallery of icons in the church of St Nicholas in Kumanovo.
Karpino monastery was an important cultural and literary center with extensive library, whose writings were later taken to other major centers: Belgrade, Sofia, Moscow and others.