Radovish is a city in the southeastern part of the Republic of Macedonia with 16,223 inhabitants (2002). It is located in the northwest of Strumica – Radovis valley, on both sides Radovishka River, at an altitude of about 380 m.
In Radovish passes highway M-6, and from west connects the city with Stip, and Strumica on the east. It covers an area of 477 ha.
Radovish has a moderate-continental climate with changed Mediterranean influence. The average annual air temperature is 12,3 ° C (54,14 F), and the average annual amount of precipitation 520 mm.
For the first time, Radovis is mentioned in a charter of Basil II in 1018 as settlement in Strumica diocese. There is little data for Radovis during the time of Turkish rule. The city progressed during the XIX century when it had about 4,000 inhabitants, and developed bazaar with 150 shops.
Today, most of the population in Radovis are Macedonians 13,991, while the minority is consisted of most Turks (1.927) and Roma (181).
Radovis is the seat of the Municipality of Radovis which covers an area of 49,748 ha, with 36 settlements and total of 28,244 inhabitants. Part of the population is engaged in agriculture, especially in tobacco growing, and other part are employed in the textile and pharmaceutical industries as well as in mining copper ore mine.
The city has a gymnasium and health center, and the most impressive object is “Sv. Troica (Holy Trinity)”, built in 2003.
Old postcards from Radovis
Where is Radovis:
380 m (1148 ft)
Summer (DST):CST (UTC+2)
Municipality of Radovis
Address: Aleksandar Makedonski bb, 2420 Radovis