Konjuh village near the city Kratovo is one of the few places on the Balkans, which in its womb hides early Christian basilica with a circular shape.
According to the testimony of local residents , the temple was discovered by the old blind man Zafir (Зафир), who according to the legend knew where to search , even though he was completely blind .
In 1919 villagers from neighboring villages reopened this church , which was almost completely covered with ground sediment. Judging from the details of architecture and architectural decoration plastic, this church could be dated from the VI century AD .
Konjuh “Rotonda”, belongs to a variant type of central structure church with a dome and in its architectural concept has an unusual form in the region of Macedonia .
Konjuh Church has a rich stone decoration , from which only few fragments are lef. The stone, from which the ornaments are derived, is easy to process with pleasant greenish color .
Konjuh village near Kratovo is one of the many neglected agricultural villages in Macedonia , but only few people know that in the volcanic rocks scattered around, lie the remains of ancient city , which was an important point of one of the main roads the late period of the Roman Empire and the city that was specifically built as a residence for veterans of the Roman and Byzantine armies .