The monastery Saint Leontius – Vodoča (Vodoca churches) is situated in the village of Vodoca, about 5 km north-west of Strumica city. According to archaeological findings, the first church built in this place in the IV-V century was small, but with rich and luxurious interior. It was demolished sometime between the VI-VII century and it was rebuilt later.
In the X century, during the reign of Tsar Samuil, part of the dome basilica was restored. The western dome church dedicated to the Mother of God Eleusa was built in the period 1018 – 1037.
In the period from the end of the 11th and the beginning of the 12th century, the altar wall of the western church was demolished and the eastern part was reconstructed; on the both sides there was a new, named as a medieval Vodoca church.
In the 14th century the Monastery suffered from a catastrophic fire, and in the 19th century it was damaged by a strong earthquake.
From 1975 to 1982, conservation and restoration works of the Church were carried out, but they were stopped due to archaeological excavations in which over 1,000 ceramic vessels, imperial and episcopal seals, with jewelry and stone decoration dating from the 14th to the 19th century were discovered. . Later the complex is completely conserved and restored. In 1982, another lodge was built, and in 1995 the monastic life was restored.
The monastery celebrates the date May 27th.