According to one story, Ahmed Niyazi Bey one of the leaders of Young Turk Revolution, after receiving a postcard of Versailles, also wanted to have a French-style estate.
The construction began in 1905 and the exterior of the building was completed in 1909 after the Young Turk Revolution. Yet, soon the Balkan wars started and the First World War, so the interior of the Saray was finished in 1922.
Built in the neoclassical architectural style, the building is symmetrical with a taller central portion and two wings. It has a basement, main floor, second floor and attic.
The exterior walls contain rich sculptural details and the roof was originally made of wood but, during renovation in 1982, it was replaced with steel profiles.
Ahmed Niyazi Bey, died in 1912 and therefore never lived to see his estate completed. The Saray was first used as administrative building, city hall of Resen, city library and finally the Saray became a museum and gallery, which it remains today.
Within the Saray are located the Resen Ceramic Colony, Dragi Tozija House of Culture a library and Keraca Visulcheva gallery.