Slivnica village is located at the foot of the western side of the Baba Mountain, near the eastern shore of Lake Prespa.
Placed at an altitude of 940 meters in the southeastern part of the Prespa valley, Slivnica village is an excellent place for rural tourism, especially in summer since nearby one of the most beautiful beaches in prespa region is located.
Through the village flow Slivnichka and Shuichka River. Just below the village extend the flowering meadows, nicely shaped vineyards, and in the narrow coastal strip orchards and sandy beaches that are widely known and much visited by tourists and swimmers in summer.
Slivnica Monastery – St. Mary (Сливнички Манастир – Св. Богородица село Сливница) is located 3 km from the village of Slivnica, in the thick deciduous forest on the western slope of the mountain Baba, high above the eastern shore of the Prespa Lake.
Erected in 1607, the monastery was built in three phases from 1607, 1612 and 1645. From that period also originate the frescoes in the temple, and the wooden iconostasis with the throne icons, the royal gate and the large cross.
Within the monastery there are hospices used by the inhabitants of Prespa. Built in the late XVII century, the hospices were twice were burned, and their renovation started in 1994. Today they are used by all well-meaning visitors who enjoy the beauty of Baba Mountain.
In the yard of the monastery there is a spring which is believed to be holy and healing water. It is thought that the water flowing from under the monastery church cures diseases and helps in curing infertility.