St. Constantine and Helena church – Ohrid, Macedonia

- Advertisement -

The temple dedicated to the saints Constantine and Helena in Ohrid, near the church Holy Mary Perybleptos, was built and painted somewhere around 1400. It was built with the patronage pledge of the Hieromonk Partenij, and its painting is one of the last representatives of the artistic trends of the Ohrid painting from the second half of the 14th century.


St. Clement is part of a gallery of saintly figures of the southern wall. The patrons and painters from Ohrid, looking at their closest saint, emphasized their respect by painting it in tandem with St. Nicholas, the most respected bishop in Orthodoxy.

Photo Gallery – photos courtesy of Macedonia Postcards Blog…

Св. Константин и Елена - Охрид, Македонија
Св. Константин и Елена - Охрид, МакедонијаСв. Константин и Елена - Охрид, МакедонијаСв. Константин и Елена - Охрид, МакедонијаСв. Константин и Елена - Охрид, МакедонијаСв. Константин и Елена - Охрид, Македонија
- Advertisement -

Must Read