The church dedicated to Saint Nikola in vilage Vevcani is a three-nave basilica with altar and inside parvis. The church was built in 1862 and consecrated in 1876.
The iconostasis icons were made by the famous Macedonian painter “zograf” Dičo from Tresonče, Debar, while the fresco-painting was made by his son Avram Dičov.
The church has an imposing dimensions (18 x 12.5 m) and with its beautiful fresco painting is one of the most beautiful monuments from the renaissance in Macedonia.
The construction of the auxiliary building located on the west side of the church started in 1999. Within this object there are: a baptistery, icon gallery, library with reading room, candle shop, office and guest room.
The Church dedicated to St. Clement (Св. Климент) is the only one from the Ohrid churches that since its beginning has been devoted to the patron of the city. The epithet "Small" is probably obtained because of its modest dimensions.
The Church "Holy Mary - Pandanos" (Света Богородица - Панданос) is a Macedonian Orthodox Christian church located in the old part of Ohrid, just above the ancient theater, in the Kuzman Kapidan street.
Mariovo is a region located in the central part within the ethnic borders of Macedonia. It occupies the central flow of River Crna (Black) and from all sides is surrounded with spacious mountain ranges:
The goal of Macedonia Travel Blog is to present to you the beauties of Macedonia captured by the cameras of our associates and traveling bloggers. Many places in Macedonia are already represented, and much remains to be discovered. Do not forget to visit us again, because the web portal is constantly updated.