Valandovo is a city located in the southeast part of the Republic of Macedonia, with a population of 4.402 (2002). It is located on the North end of Gevgeli – Valandovo basin, beneath the Plavus mountain on an elevation between 110 and 150 meters.
Valandovo covers an area of 120 ha and west from the city passes the national road M-1. Also, trough the rail station in the village Miravce, Valandovo is connected on the rail line Skopje – Gevgelija – Thessaloniki.
Valandovo has a changing Mediterranean climate with an average year air temperature of 14.2 C (57.56 F).
The discovery of Roman mosaics in several areas in the city brings us to the conclusion that in this area in Roman time a settlement existed.
As Slav settlement for the first time is mentioned in 1349 and the city was named Avalandovo.
One of the most famous events in Republic of Macedonia “Folk Fest Valandovo” is held every year in this city.
- Where is Valandovo: South East Macedonia
- Area: 331 km2
- Elevation: 110 – 150 m (360 – 492 ft)
- Population: 4.402
- Climate: Changing Mediterranean
- Dialing code: +389 34
- Postal code: 2460
- Time Zone: CET (UTC+1)/ Summer (DST):CST (UTC+2)
- Celebration day: November 6th
- Coordinates: 41°19′1″N 22°33′40″E
Municipality of Valandovo
- Address: Ivo Lola Ribar bb, 2460 Valandovo
- Phone: +389 34 382 007
- Fax: +389 34 382 044
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org