Macedonia Visa information for foreigners interested in obtaining entry visa for the Republic of Macedonia
Macedonia Visa Requirements and Procedure:
• Foreign nationals intending to enter and stay in the Republic of Macedonia, or who intends to transit through the territory of the Republic of Macedonia must obtain a relevant visa before their entry in the Republic of Macedonia;
• The visa application and all supporting documents are to be filed with the territorially competent diplomatic-consular mission. In case the Republic of Macedonia does not have a diplomatic-consular mission in the country of residence or stay of the foreign nationals, then the visa application is to be filed with the diplomatic-consular mission of the Republic of Macedonia in the nearest country.
• As of February 2008, visas for entry in the Republic of Macedonia are issued under the National Visa System, i.e. the entire procedure is conducted through this system, including the printing of a sticker, containing the photograph of the foreign nationals;
• The visa application and the supporting documents are to be filed personally. As an exception, when the distance from the diplomatic-consular mission of the Republic of Macedonia is considerable, and there are no reasons to doubt that it is a matter of bona fide visa applicant, the diplomatic-consular mission of the Republic of Macedonia abroad may allow the foreign national to file the visa application to the diplomatic-consular mission (Embassy/Consulate) by e-mail or by post. However in such cases, the applicant must collect the visa in person;
• In case of electronic filing of a visa application, the supporting documents must be scanned in the JPG format with 300 dpi resolution for the photograph, i.e. 150 dpi resolution for the remaining documents;
• The following documents are obligatory required for a Macedonian visa for short stay of up to 90 days (C type visa) and for transit visa (B type visa):
– Valid and recognized passport with validity period of at least 3 months longer than the intended stay of the foreign national in the Republic of Macedonia;
– Documents of (individual or group) travel insurance (policy issued by a insurance company in the country of residence or stay of the foreign national);
– Letter of guarantee or an invitation by a Macedonian natural or legal entity certified by a Notary Public;
– Proof of possession of funds sufficient for the duration of the stay in the Republic of Macedonia (credit cards/bank statements);
– Colored photograph ( of 3.5×4.5 cm dimensions) with a white background which faithfully portrays the applicant;
– Proof of paid fee for issuance of visa;
– Orderly and legibly filled in visa application.
• In case the foreign national needs a long term stay visa, then Form No. 2 is filed together with the supporting documents corresponding to the type of visa requested, and which are listed in the document: DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VISA ISSUANCE;
• Additional information about the visa issuance requirements and procedure, as well as all information about the course of the instituted visa issuance procedure are to be provided by the relevant diplomatic-consular mission (Embassy/consulate)
* The List of diplomatic-consular missions of the Republic of Macedonia abroad can be found at the MFA’s website www.mfa.gov.mk
Foreign national, holder of valid travel document of a third country, who is required to have visa for entry in the Republic of Macedonia, may enter the territory of the Republic of Macedonia without having to acquire Macedonian visa,
– if the foreigner has a permanent residence in EU or Schengen member state;
– if the person possess valid multiple Schengen C type of visa, whosevalidity is longer than 5 (five) days, at least, than the planned stay of a foreign national in the Republic of Macedonia, where
o every single continuous stay in the territory of the Republic of Macedonia, may not exceed a period of up to 15 (fifteen) days,
o the total duration of the subsequent stays in the Republic of Macedoniamay not exceed a period of 3 (three) months in any 6 (six) months period, as from the date of first entry.
Citizens of the EU member states and citizens of the signatories to the Schengen Agreement may enter the territory of the Republic of Macedonia with valid ID card issued by the competent authorities of the concerning countries.
More info on: www.mfa.gov.mk