Yeni Mosque in Bitola is located in the city center on the right side of the River Dragor near the Clock Tower.
The mosque was built by Kadi Mahmud Effendi, but in Bitola is known as the Yeni (Turkish for – New) Mosque.
It was built in 1558-59. The base of the mosque is square, covered with a dome.
Next to the mosque is a minaret, which reaches a height of over 40 m.
Until recently the premises of the mosque were used as art gallery, and later started archaeological research that showed that the mosque was built on the foundations of the old church of St. George, which existed at that place.
Continues on next page>>>